The ‘m Aadhaar’ app or Mobile Aadhar Application lets you carry your Aadhaar information on your smartphone. With the new app, your biometric and demographic information will be available on your smartphone. Now on Aadhaar card holders will now be able to carry their information on their mobiles.
To use the mAadhaar or ‘mobile Aadhaar’ app, users need to have their phone number registered with UIDAI. Once the process is complete, they can download their details on the app, which will show data suc has name, date of birth, gender, address and the photograph on the device. इस आधार के साथ, उपयोगकर्ताओं को उनके आधार की हार्ड प्रतिलिपि को अब और उनके साथ ले जाने की ज़रूरत नहीं होगी। Downloading the app will reduce burden of carrying Aadhaar Card copy.
The mAadhaar app, which is already available for download on Google Play, has been launched only for Android users as of now but might be released for iOS soon as well. Notably, the app also allows users to lock or unlock biometrics data. “Once resident enables Biometric Locking system their biometric remains locked till the Aadhaar Holder chose to either Unlock it (which is temporary) or Disable the Locking system.” Interestingly, the mAadhaar app also comes with “Time-based One-Time Password (TOTP)” feature that can be used instead of SMS-based OTP.
- Unique Identification Authority of India (UIDAI), which issues Aadhaar numbers has launched an app called mAadhaar
- The app will enable people carry their unique identification profile on mobile phones
- Currently, the app is only available on Android platform
Click here to Download mAadhaar App
Key Features of mAadhaar App:
The mAadhaar app is currently available for download on Google Play for only Android users. All you need is the mobile number registered with your Aadhaar card and a smartphone running on Android 5.0 and upper versions.
- The mAadhaar app will help provide an interface to Aadhaar card holders to carry their demographic information viz name, date of birth, gender and address along with photograph as linked with their Aadhaar Number in their smart phones.
- The new app also allows biometric locking or unlocking to secure biometric authentication by locking biometrics data. Once resident enables Biometric Locking system their biometric remains locked till the Aadhaar Holder chose to either unlock it (which is temporary) or disable the locking system.
- Time-based One-Time Password is an automatically generated temporary password which can be used instead of SMS based OTP.
- Update of profile – An updated view of Aadhaar profile data after successful completion of update request.
- Sharing of QR code and eKYC data by Aadhaar Number holder – Share QR code and password protected eKYC data to retrieve accurate demographic information from it instead of manual entry.
- The app doesn’t allow you to enter the OTP manually. It will work only if you are using the same sim card which is registered with UIDAI.
Unique Identification Authority of India (UIDAI)
This is a great step towards Digital India. However, UIDAI has currently launched a beta version and some of the features will be made available post future updates.