Google has officially launched its first mobile payment App Tez in Asia. Tez App is a UPI-based payments app which will promote digital payments. The Tez online payment app, developed by Google, was launched by Finance minister Arun Jaitley in Delhi on 18th-Sep-2017, who also made the first transaction on the Google Tez app.
Google’s new payment app Tez for India uses sound to transfer money. Tez features a technology called audio QR that allows users to transfer money using sounds to pair two devices. Called the “cash mode option,” phones negotiate a connection using audio to identify the payer and payee. Google Tez is a standalone payments app, available on Android and iOS.
Key Features of Google Tez App:
- The Tez app is available on Android and iOS and is powered by UPI, a payment system developed by state-owned NPCI.
- Other than English, Tez app supports various local languages like Hindi, Bengali, Gujarati, Kannada, Marathi, Tamil and Telugu. One can change the language option anytime.
- Online payment partners include large food chains like Dominos, transport services like RedBus, and Jet Airways.
- Tez app needs to be linked to your bank account and you can make payments directly from your bank account. Tez uses UPI and works with major banks including SBI, HDFC Bank, ICICI Bank and Axis Bank etc.
- Using Tez, one can send money instantly to another Tez user without having to share personal details like bank account number, phone number etc.
- Further, Google says that each transaction on Tez is secured with UPI PIN and with a Google PIN or your screen lock mode such as fingerprint.
Benefits of Google Tez App:
- Made for India first, transact directly from bank account,
- Makes payment simple, built around your ease & super secure.
- The app weighs just 7MB on Android and works with the majority of Android smartphones.
- Google Tez App also offers scratch cards to its users on transactions of worth Rs. 50 or more, which will allow them to win up to Rs. 1,000 with each transaction and be eligible to win Rs. 1 lakh every week with ‘Lucky Sundays’ offer.
- Tez also facilitates bank-to-bank payments and is protected by Tez Shield.
- A data security platform from Google that detects fraud and protects user identity.
- Tez behaves like a chat app, using your contact list as a way to keep transaction history organised.
Tez is not a mobile “wallet” in the same way as PayTM offers a mobile wallet, where money is stored in the app and needs to be topped up to be used. It is more like Apple’s Wallet or other mobile wallets, a place that links up your phone with your bank accounts to let you use your phone as a way to deduct payments from those accounts.
Download Google Tez App for Android, iOS (iPhone/iPad) & Windows:
Click here to Download for Android
Click here to Download for iOS
Click here to Download for Windows (Link will be Soon Provided)
Tez also facilitates bank-to-bank payments and is protected by Tez Shield, a data security platform from Google that detects fraud and protects user identity.
Tez App Payment Modes:
- Tez App will support PayTM, Mobikwik at initially further it’ll cover all other apps.
- You can pay on E-Commerce Website like Amazon, Flipkart or Snapdeal from the Google Tez App.
- You can complete the Bank Transactions (NEFT & IMPS) via Tez Application.
- Also, fill your Indian Government Payment I.e. Water Billing, Electricity Billing, Telephone Billing, Broadband.
- And also you can use Tez App for Mobile Recharge, Datacard, Recharge etc.
This will be great to see what kind of commissions there will be on transactions on the service like other payment apps provide.