Captain Amarinder Singh has launched ‘Chief Minister Scholarship Scheme’ in a way to provide cheaper and quality technical education to the students of the state those have performed meritoriously and come from a poor family background.
The scheme was launched under the Chief Minister Captain Amarinder Singh and formally inaugurated jointly by the Finance Minister of Punjab Manpreet Singh Badal and Punjab Technical Education Minister Charanjit Singh Channi.
Scheme : Punjab Chief Minister Scholarship Scheme
Launch Date : 6th June 2017
Launched By : Mr. Manpreet Singh Badal & Mr. Charanjit Singh Channi
Scheme Budget : NA
Details of the scheme
The scheme is a scholarship based launch that would implement as per the marks obtained by the student in Class 10th, the scheme is suggested to bring admissions up in Punjab with the launch of the scheme. The government has also promised to provide quality and affordable technical education to the poor and needy students under the scheme.
Following is the percentage of fee waiver which would be provided to students basis on 10th percentage.
|Percentage in Class 10th||Percentage of Fee to be Waived Off|
|60% to 70%||70%|
|70% to 80%||80%|
|80% to 90%||90%|
Objectives of the scheme
- The government aims to increase admissions in government polytechnic and engineering colleges
- To boost the level of hardship being made by the students who come from poor and needy families
- To recruit the best of faculty members for the implementation of the scheme
Benefits of the scheme:
The students of Punjab would get the fee waiver as per the percentage of marks obtained in Class 10th.
The scheme will provide benefits to the students who are residents of Punjab and are studying in any of the following institutions.
- Government Polytechnic
- Engineering colleges
- Maharaja Ranjit Singh University (MRSU), Bathinda
- IK Gujral Punjab Technical University (IKGPTU), Jalandhar.
- The student must be from a family background of less income.
- Candidate must be a resident of the state of Punjab.
- Must be applying only to government-owned colleges.
- He/she must attain the percentage mentioned above to be eligible to avail the scheme.
Read More : Krishi Sinchayi Yojana
The scheme would be completely under the supervision of the government and the students who are eligible to attain the fee waiver need not worry about paying any extra amount of money. It will give a major boost in admissions in government polytechnic and engineering colleges in a big way.