National Handicapped Finance & Development Corporation (NHFDC) has launched 2500 Scholarships. The objective of the Scheme is to provide financial assistance to the differently-abled students to enable them to pursue professional or technical courses from recognised institutes and get employed/self-employed. This Indian government scholarship scheme for handicapped students (विकलांग स्कालरशिप योजना ) will encouraging differently-abled students to pursue professional or technical courses and various skill development courses.
Students who are pursuing Graduate and Post Graduate level Professional and Technical courses can apply for this college scholarships scheme application before 30th-June-2018. Differently-abled students face many problems physically, financially, psychologically, mentally while doing studies. Many students miss the opportunity to earn their livelihood and find a dignified place for themselves in the society. Follow details to apply for scholarships.
NHFDC Scholarship 2017-2018
|Name of scholarship||NHFDC Scholarship|
|Last date of receipt of Application||30-06-2018|
Eligibility for NHFDC Scholarship:
- Candidates must be a student of Bachelor degree or Master level Technical and Professional course at any recognised Board/University from India.
- Scholarship under this is not intended for Post-Secondary Technical/ Post-Metric/ Professional courses less than one year.
- Monthly income of the beneficiary / parent or guardian should not be more than Rs.25,000/-(Rs. 3.00 Lakh p.a.).
- Family income includes income of parent / guardian.
Documents Required: –
- Attested copies of mark sheet/relevant certificate for the qualifying examination
- Attested copies of Disability certificate
- Copy of the passbook saving account
- Proof of annual income
Total 2500 scholarships will be provided to the differently-abled students throughout the country. 30% scholarships will be reserved for girls, which will be transferable to male students in case of non-availability of female candidates.
How to Apply for NHFDC Scholarship scheme for Handicapped:
- At first applicant have to visit the Official Website
- Then applicant can have the detailed information given on the page Official page.
- After that scroll down and click on the Click to Register
- Then before the registration page all necessary document upload information is given.
- Then after continue to register and click on the new scholarship scheme if you are not already registered. Sample is attached below.
- Then signup and enter further details.
- Then a conformation mail will be sent to you after that confirmation you can proceed to Online registration.
- Finally after filling correct details and uploading documents save the PDF file and take a print out of it for future use.
Benefits of NHFDC Scholarship scheme for Handicapped:
Under the national scholarship scheme, students will be paid maintenance allowance for 10 months @ Rs. 2500/ per month for Professional Graduate Courses and Rs.3000/- per month for Professional Post-Graduate Courses in one academic year at following rates.
|Class / Course|| Maintenance allowance
(Rs. per month)
| Book/Stationery allowance
(Rs. Per annum)
|Professional Graduate Courses||2500/-||6000/-|
|Professional Post-Graduate courses||3000/-||10000/-|
Books/Stationery allowance will be paid to students pursuing Professional Graduate Courses @ Rs.6,000/- per annum and Rs.10,000/- per annum for pursuing Professional Post-Graduate Courses.
Persons with Disabilities (PwDs) students in addition will be provided financial assistance for purchase of aids & appliances (only once during life time) as given below.
|Brailler Typewriter||10,000||For blind|
|Desktop or Laptop with screenwriting Software||40,000||For blind|
|Desktop or Laptop with Screen Magnificent Software||60,000||For Low Vision|
|Laptop or Desktop||40,000|
|Binaural digital programmable hearing ad with annual provision of button cells||50,000 + 3600|
|Cell phone with SMS Sim card||5,000|
|Laptop or Desktop with WiFi Facility||70,000|
Important Link : Visit here for scholarship website Official Website