Marriage Registration Kerala|Marriage Certificate Download|Kerala Marriage Registration Online|Marriage Registration Form Kerala|Hindu Marriage Registration Form Download|Kerala Special Marriages Form Download|
In Kerala, marriages can be registered online or through the Registrar offices. In this article, we review the process for marriage registration in Kerala, terms of marriage, documents to be submitted along with Form 1 and related mandatory documents as well as conditions.
Kerala Marriage Registration
The marriage registration application must be submitted within a period of 45 days from the date of solemnization of the marriage. There is a prescribed form for filing application i.e. Form No.1 that is available free of charge at the registrar offices. Memorandum in duplicate form related to Form No. I and one passport size photo each of husband and wife, a total of three photos needed. Two photos are required for affixing in memorandum and one in the marriage register. To complete the registration, parties to the marriages along with two witnesses should be present during the time of registration.
A registration fee of Rs. 100 should be payable along with the submission of the memorandum for the reason of registration. A marriage certificate fee of Rs.20 can also be paid during the time of registration – a total of Rs.120. For SC or ST or BPL persons, fee for registration shall be Rs.10. If the application is submitted after a period of 45 days of solemnization and within a year of marriage, a certificate in Form II along with a fine of rupees one hundred should too be remitted. If submitted after a period of one year, the application must be accompanied by a fine amounting to rupees two hundred and fifty.
Kerala Marriage Registration Documents Required:
- Attested copy of the certificate that proves age of husband
- Attested copy of the certificate that prove age of wife
- Copy of the certificate from auditorium or marriage place or religious authority concerned or a declaration in form II obtained from a MP or MLA or Gazetted officer or Member of Local Self Government Institution with reference to solemnization of marriages.
- Marriage invitation letter that is optional.
- Form 2 that is certified by a Gazetted officer or elected representatives or any other proof of solemnization of marriage to the approval of Local Registrar or Registrar General in event of delayed applications.
- For age proof documents namely SSLC book or driving license or Passport or School admission register or other records that are issued by Government shall be accepted.
- Identify Proof of Bride and Groom
- Address Proof of Bride and Groom
- Memorandum signed by both parties to the marriage along with two persons considered as witnesses.
- Application form accompanied by copy of the certificate to prove age, marriage solemnization and so on.
Marriage Registration Kerala Application Form:
Kerala Hindu Marriage Registration/Application Form
Kerala Special Marriage Registration/Application FormKerala-Special Marriage-Registration-Application-Form
Special Marriage Act
Persons of any faith can get married under the Special Marriage Act. However, before being registered under the Special Marriage Act, the bride and groom must approach the local Registrar’s office and apply for marriage registration. On making an application, the Registrar would display in the notice board of the Registrar’s office for a period of 30 days about the intent of the couple to get married.
During this period, anybody who wishes to object the marriage may do so by visiting the Registrar with their evidence. The objection would be considered only if the reason is very genuine, however, the parents or relatives or any person related to the applicants would not be able to object the marriage.
Post the period of 30 days, the non-objection Certificate will return to the Registrar’s office where they had initially submitted the application. The bride and groom with 3 witnesses must now approach the Registrar for the final procedure of registration within a period of 6 months at a maximum. All of them must bring their photo identification card. In the normal cases, the applicants receive their certification of marriage on the same day. Once the certificates are ready could access them online and get it printed for future purposes. The signed application for marriage, regulated under Special marriage act would not be capable of rejection by the Registrar under any situation.
Requirement for Marriage under Special Marriage Act:
While making an application for special marriage, the bride and groom have to certify the following:
- Neither has a spouse living on the date mentioned in the application.
- Neither is an idiot or lunatic.
- Both have completed the age of 20 on years on the date of the marriage registration application.
- Both are not within the degree of prohibited relationship.
For detailed information Visit Here Official Website