Delhi University Admission 2018: Delhi University 2018 Registration for UG courses has been started from 15th May 2018. DU Admission Form 2018 is released through online mode for all the courses. Delhi University (University of Delhi) is public central collegiate university of India. The university organizes a university level examination for admission to the UG, PG & Ph.D courses called as Delhi University Entrance Exam. The admission into these courses will be done on the basis of merit prepared by the score of entrance exam or qualifying exam.
As per the notification released by the University, candidates can register for both merit-based and entrance based courses on the same portal through a single application form. DU 2018 admission includes all the different colleges under Delhi University. By filling the single online registration form, one is eligible for admission to any college whose specific cut-off is met by him/her. Applications for Postgraduate admission of DU 2018 will be available from May 18, 2018. Candidates who have cleared the Intermediate level examination under C.B.S.E. or any equivalent examination, with the minimum qualifying marks for each of the courses, can pursue UG courses in the University of Delhi.
DU Admission 2018 Eligibility Criteria:
- Applicants seeking admission to the programmes offered by the University should have passed the Senior Secondary School Certificate Examination (Class XII) of the Central Board of Secondary Education or any examination obtaining minimum marks as specified for each of the programmes.
- There is no minimum age bar for admission to the undergraduate programmes offered by the University.
- The central university will have a common eligibility criterion for DU admissions 2018 for its constituent colleges except St. Stephen’s College and Jesus & Mary College as they have been granted privileges of being minority colleges.
DU Admission Important Dates:
|Notification of DU Admission 2018||May 10, 2018|
|Starting date of online registration||May 15, 2018 (6:00 PM)|
|Closing date of online registration||June 7, 2018|
|First cutoff list release||June 19, 2018|
|Second cutoff list release||June 25, 2018|
|Third cutoff list release||June 30, 2018|
|Fourth cutoff list release||July 6, 2018|
|Fifth cutoff list release||July 12, 2018|
|Commencement of classes||Third week of July 2018|
|Closing date of admission||Second week of August 2018|
Notification of DU Admission 2018:
DU 2018 Application Fee:
|Registration fee for UR/OBC||Rs. 150 (Non-refundable)|
|Registration fee for SC/ST/PwD||Rs. 75 (Non-refundable)|
|Registration fee for Sports||Rs. 100 (Additional, Non-refundable)|
|Registration fee for ECA||Rs. 100 (Additional, Non-refundable)|
*Applicants can apply to as many programmes/courses of their choices as they want. There will be no extra fee for applying to multiple programmes/courses.
DU Admission Procedure 2018
- Online Registration: The candidates seeking admission to UG merit-based and entrance based programme must register through online registration.
- Cut-offs: The candidates are advised to check the centralized Admission Web Portal and respective college website for cut-offs for different programmes.
- Selection of Colleges/Programmes: The applicants who meet the required cut-off should log in to the UG admission portal into their individual account and select the college/programme where the applicant wishes to take admission and meets the desired cut-off criterion.
- Verification of documents at Colleges: The applicant must take a print out of the admission form along with the list of required documents/certificates and proceed to the respective college for verification of mark-sheet/certificates, calculation of cut-off percentage depending on the programme/course.
- Approval of admission: The college will retain the certificates of the approved applicant in order to avoid multiple admissions. The certificates will remain with the colleges during the admission process. After this, the college will approve the admission on the UG admission portal. However, the colleges shall promptly return the documents in case of student withdraws/cancels the admission or student wishes to appear in counselling of any other university/ institute.
- Online payment of Admission fee: The applicant will be required to log-on to the UG admission portal to make the online Admission Fee payment through the available online payment options.
DU Cutoff 2018: Cutoff Schedule
|S. No.||Cut off events related to DU Admissions||Dates|
|1||DU Admission 1st Cut off announcement||June 19, 2018|
|2||Document verification and admission approval for DU admissions first cut off list||June 19 – 21, 2018|
|3||DU Admission 2nd Cut off announcement||June 25, 2018|
|4||Document verification and admission approval for DU admissions second cut off list||June 25 – 27, 2018|
|5||DU Admission 3rd Cut off announcement||June 30, 2018|
|6||Document verification and admission approval for DU admissions third cut off list||June 30 – July 3, 2018|
|7||DU Admission 4th Cut off announcement||July 6, 2018|
|8||Document verification and admission approval for DU admissions fourth cut off list||July 6 – 9, 2018|
|9||DU Admission 5th Cut off announcement||July 12, 2018|
|10||Document verification and admission approval for DU admissions fifth cut off list||July 12 – 14, 2018|
DU Admission Form 2018 :
Candidates can get Delhi University admission form 2018 only through online mode. Candidates check other details of application form below:
- The university does not provide any facility for DU Registration 2018 through offline mode.
- To Apply Online For Delhi University candidates have to Official Website
- Then Click on the New Registration if you are a new user otherwise login.
- DU Admission Forms is available from 15th May 2018 (for UG courses) and 18th May (for PG).
- Candidates can fill the application till the fourth week of May 2018 (For PG), 7th June 2018 for UG courses.
- Candidates can also apply for more than one course in the same application but they have to paid separate application fee for each course.
- During DU Application Form 2018 filling, candidates have to upload their scanned photograph, signature, self attested ID proof, caste certificate & 10th passing certificate.
- Keep the printout copy of the filled Delhi University application form 2018 for future use.